Skip to main content

Whole30 - Week 1

In order for me to make good decisions, the good options need to be right in front of my face and easy to grab. So meal planning works really well for me. I don't necessarily get all the plastic containers and pre-portion meals for the week. But I do plan a menu that includes each meal and snacks. Then from that, I can create a shopping list. This allows me to go about my week, knowing that the good-for-me things are readily available. 
I'm sharing my meal plan, recipe, and shopping lists below. 


WEEK 1 - MEAL PLAN
Day 1 (Thurs 2/21)
Breakfast - Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole
Lunch - Veggie Salad with Tuna & hard boiled eggs
Dinner - Zoodles and Meatballs
Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

Day 2 (Fri 2/22)
Breakfast - Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake
Lunch - Leftover zoodles and meatballs
Dinner - One Pan chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans
Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

Day 3 (Sat 2/23)
Breakfast - Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole
Lunch - Veggie Salad with Tuna & Hardboiled eggs
Dinner - Leftover zoodles with meat sauce (ground turkey)
Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

Day 4 (Sun 2/24)
Breakfast - Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake
Lunch - Leftover zoodles with meat sauce (ground turkey)
Dinner - Leftover One Pan chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans
Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

Day 5 (Mon 2/25)
Breakfast - Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole
Lunch - Veggie Salad with Tuna & Hard boiled eggs
Dinner - Leftover One Pan chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans
Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

Day 6 (Tues 2/26)
Breakfast - Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake
Lunch - Veggie Salad with Tuna & Hard boiled eggs
Dinner - Leftover One Pan chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans
Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

Day 7 (Wed 2/27)
Breakfast - Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole
Lunch - Veggie Salad with Tuna & Hard boiled eggs
Dinner - Leftover One Pan chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans

Snacks - Almonds, orange, apple crisp

As you can see, there are only a couple different options rotated throughout the week, and lots of leftovers. Being single means I'm typically only cooking for myself. So leftovers are my jam! But I also don't love eating the same thing for multiple meals in a row. So, when I planned this menu, I tried to rotate things so I could keep things simple (and budget-friendly) but still get some variety.


WEEK 1 - RECIPES

*Word To Your Mother Blog was SUPER helpful for building this week's menu. Find it HERE.


WEEK 1 - SHOPPING LIST
Eggs (2 dozen)
Eggplant
Baby Spinach
Broccoli florets
Roma tomatoes
Green onion
2 Yellow onions
Basil
Sea Salt
Olive Oil
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Chopped Walnuts
Chia Seeds
Unsweetened nut milk
Ripe Banana
Coconut oil
Diced Strawberries
Salad
Fresh Veggies
Canned Tuna
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Red Potatoes
Asparagus
Apples
Oranges
Almonds
Zucchini (I have a spiralizer but you can buy pre-made zoodles)
Ground Turkey
Spaghetti Sauce (check the label to make sure it's Whole30 approved)

Pro-tip: GROCERY PICK UP! It's literally my favorite thing of life - it's easy and FREE! The grocery stores closest to me don't offer it but it is well worth the extra couple mile drive. It saves time and I don't have to go in the store and see any tempting foods. And it saves me money because I'm way less prone to impulse buys when I shop this way. I've used Kroger and Walmart grocery pick-up and both are fantastic!

There are some things that are really hard to find Whole30 friendly. There are recipes on Pinterest for pretty much everything. But, sometimes we don't have time for all that. Two products you should know about:
- Tessemae's Dressing. So many different flavors! And it can be used as marinade when you want to spice up your chicken. It's available on Amazon. It's a little pricey but the one order I bought of 3 bottles should last me the entire 30 days.
- Nut Pods Coffee Creamer. I love coffee. But I love a good creamer to go with it. So I knew this was going to be a priority. And I knew it wasn't going to be easy. After some research, I found this gem. It's made with almond milk and coconut cream so it's nice and thick. Plus it has a natural vanilla which adds the perfect amount of sweetness. This is also available on Amazon. Again, a little pricey, but the 4-pack I bought should definitely last the 30 days.

I'll give more reviews of recipes in a later blog. But I wanted to go ahead and share with you guys what I'd be eating and my method for planning and prepping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. My Name is Cayla.

And I'm addicted to food.  Having been overweight most of my life, there are so many things that I've looked at and blamed.  But the more I've reflected on it, and examined my habits and my relationship with food, I've realized it is not healthy at all. It's quite dysfunctional. I'll find myself in this vicious cycle: dieting (I've literally tried them all, starting in MIDDLE SCHOOL - we'll talk about that some more in a later post), not seeing results, being sad because of the lack of results, binging food to try and make the sadness subside, which doesn't work, so I try another diet. But this time, I quit.  Let me be clear - I'm not quitting food. That would find me quite dead. But, I'm quitting being controlled by it. And I'm kicking off this journey with Whole30. Whole30 is a 30-day diet that emphasizes whole foods and the elimination of sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, soy, and dairy. This is going to be super tough (I really l

There's No Place Like Home

Turns out, I'm a much better Kindergarten Teacher than I am a blogger. In the big picture, that's not such a terrible thing, I suppose. It is my Almost-Mid-Year Resolution to get better at this. New Year Resolutions almost never work. We'll see how this goes, though! I keep finding myself reflecting on the fact that the school year is almost over. I'm sorry...where did the time go?!? It feels like just yesterday I was driving to Delta State University to start my summer training and here I am, almost ready to close out my first year of teaching. We're in the home stretch, but we've still got a lot to do before June 2nd. But, man! We've come along way! My kids who came in not knowing how to hold a pencil are writing beautiful, creative stories. Those who didn't know any letters and sounds, now reading sentences and short stories! I've yet to see, in my short 25 years, anything as cool as this...as my students learning (part of the coolness is that I